Friday, August 8, 2008

My Grandma~Lalla Monzell Clements

This picture was taken on my Grandma's 77th Birthday, Aug. 8, 1999. One month before she died. This is a picture of Kaitlyn, age 3, and my mom's dog Lacey. You can see how much she loved Kate.
I am typing this for my daughter Kaitlyn just so she knows how much she was loved by her Great Grandmother, Nanny, which Kate called her. Today would of been my grandma's 86th Birthday. My grandma was my best friend. We were very, very close. She died 9 years ago. Wow, time goes by too fast. It makes me so sad that I missed out seeing her enjoy her grandchildren. Kate was 3 years old and I was 3 months pregnant with Dillon when she died. She would of loved my kids. She loved Kaitlyn so much. Here is how much she loved Kaitlyn........................

My grandma was sick for just a few short weeks before she died. It was wonderful that she didn't have to suffer for very long. She was only in the hospital for just a few short days, but all she wanted to do was to go home because she missed seeing Kaitlyn. My grandma was too sick for Kaitlyn to see her in the hospital and she didn't want Kaitlyn to see her in the hospital. But my grandma, the stubborn lady that she was, didn't care how sick she was because it was making her sicker not being able to see Kaitlyn. My grandma was only home for a day or two before having to go back to the hospital and died a day or two later. But she died much happier knowing that she was able to spend her last days at home with Kaitlyn.

Not many of us get to experience that kind of love from a grandparent and I am so blessed that Kaitlyn and I had that love from her. She pretty much raised me along with my mom. My mom was a single mom and thank goodness for my grandma's help in raising my brother and I. I know Kaitlyn doesn't remember her very much but I hope she will always know how much she was loved by her. So please listen to the song on my playlist titled, "My Angel", because that is what she is, My Angel, and the song totally fits how I feel about her and how my life was like with her. I miss her very much.

No comments: