Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Choose The Right!!!

In my church, from the time that we are able to understand, we are taught to "Choose The Right". We sing songs about it in nursey and primary. We have lessons about it at church, taught it at home, see pictures of a shield with CTR on it and we know that that stands for "Choose The Right", and so on. It is just kind of like a motto to us to follow Heavenly Father's way.

So with that being said, I am sure we all have stories like this............About a year ago, Alexis said to me, "Mommy, "Choose The Right"! I said, "Very good Alexis, did you learn that in Primary"? She then replied, "Yes". Then she said, "Why doesn't Heavenly Father want us to choose the Left?" With everything I had I tried so hard not to laugh, but it was so cute. So of course, we had to talk about what "Choose the Right" meant, and that choosing the left has nothing to do with it. Unless you think that choosing the left is bad choices. Then of course we don't want to "Choose The Left"!

So this morning before be left for preschool she said to me, "make sure you don't choose the Left because that is BAD"! "Make sure you Choose The Right"! It reminded me what she had said to me a year ago and I had a good laugh this morning. I am always telling her sister, Kaitlyn to make good decisions whenever she is away from me. When Kate gets out of the car, I say, "make good choices". "Choose The Right"!!!

It's just so funny what kids say and think. Wow, to be a kid again!!!

No comments: