Thursday, May 29, 2008

Here Is Our......6th Grade Graduate......Kaitlyn

I can't believe she is done with the 6th grade. Seems like she just turned 4 and was starting preschool. Now here she is, moving onto Middle School. Yikes!!! Kaitlyn is growing into such a beautiful young lady. She is so full of life, good self esteem, faces her own fears, a great daughter, sister, granddaughter, neice, cousin, and friend. We are very proud of you Kaitlyn. Keep up the hard work.
As my mom and I were leaving the graduation, we were remembering how fast time goes by. We were talking about Kate and when she was born. She was born 3 1/2 weeks early. Weighing only 5 lbs 12 oz. 18 inches long. (she left the hosptial weighing 5 lbs 6 oz.) She was so tiny. When I had her, I was told that she probably wouldn't breath on her own and would have to stay a while in the hospital. So, I prepared myself for the worst. But I just knew it would all be o.k. And look at her now. She was a stubborn little thing. Just like she is now. Something never changes. When she was born, she refused to eat. I tried and tried, the doctors and nurses tried and tried too to get her to eat. She wanted nothing to do with it. She wanted to just sleep. Since I had a C- section, I stayed 3 days in the hospital, but Kaitlyn had to stay 1 more day in the hospital than I did because she was loosing weight from not eating. I had to go home without my baby. It was very hard to leave her there. The nurses worked with her all that night after I went home and they couldn't get her to eat. The next day after going home, Jason, my mom and I went to the hosptial, determined to take her home. We knew that we could get her to eat. We told the doctor that we would try our best to wake her and get her to eat, if they let me take her home. And they did! I woke her every 2 hours by changing her and putting cold wipes on her. I set my alarm clock every 2 hours, to wake up to feed her in the middle of the night and if I didn't, she would sleep through the night. I did this for a month and all of a sudden, she decided that she liked being awake and eating. From then on, she has been growing and doing just great. We are proud of our little girl!!!

No comments: