Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blog Updated, Finally....

After 5 nights of staying up late, my blog is finally updated. Whew! With September here and gone in like 3 days for me, I was so far behind. I am more busy now than ever.

We moved last month, so with packing, moving and then unpacking, soccer, scouts and church callings, I was so busy. Not only that, I started homeschooling last month too. I actually started in August but the majority of my curriculum came in September, so that is when we really got down to business with homeschooling.

Homeschooling is going great. I am so happy I have done this for my kids. Not only is it the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, it is also the most rewarding. Rewarding for my kids but also for myself. Being with them 24-7 is exhausting, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Seeing them learn, and seeing that look on their face when they have learned something new, is the best thing. I think I am more excited when they understand something then they are. Just seeing that twinkle in their eye and their face light up when they understand a math problem or Dillon learning a new spelling word he was having trouble with or Lexie learning how to read a new word that she didn't know last week or seeing Kaitlyn's happiness back in her face that she lost when she was in the middle of 7th grade last year, makes everyday that I homeschool more worth it than you know.

The "No More Me Time" is hard to get used to. If my kids were still in public school, I would have all my kids in school and I would have every morning to myself until Lexie got home from Kindergarten around noon time. But I knew going into homeschooling I would be giving this all up. I had these beautiful children, why should someone else be teaching them, when I am perfectly capable of doing this. Why should they be in a class of about 40 kids because of our Governor and our school district are making bad decisions. (I could go on and on about this subject, but I won't)

They are loving homeschooling and so am I. They are growing academically by leaps and bounds. I hope to record Lexie reading and put it on my blog. She actually started reading before she started Kindergarten, but this last month, she has really taken off on her reading. I love listening to her read. She just started doing 1st grade math and she is in Kindergarten. Dillon is doing 5th grade math and he is only in 4th grade. Soon he will be moving up to 6th grade math. So glad I am homeschooling because my kids would be stuck in their grade level and wouldn't be able to advance.

I feel Heavenly Father has given me these kids for a reason and they are such good kids and I just want what is best for them. If I have to give up on "me time", nothing is more important than my children.

No comments: