Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Beginnings

Here are our new Young Women.

New Beginnings is when they honor the girls who are old enough to begin in Young Women's, which is a group for 12-18 year old girls. So they were honoring the new Young Women who have come into Young Women's this year. And Kate is one of them. It was a fun and spiritual night. Her teacher called me two nights before this night and asked me to tell a little about Kaitlyn that others might not know about her. Her teacher had to talk about each girl for 2 mins. I told her that Kaitlyn writes songs and poetry. Her teacher was so excited and wanted me to bring a poem of Kate's and I did. She wanted Kaitlyn to read it because her teacher said she would cry if she read it. I was so proud of the beautiful poem that she had written. Everyone thought it was so good. She did so good! It was a beautiful poem. This is her teacher telling a little about Kaitlyn.

This is Kaitlyn with Taylor and Taylor's sisters, singing, " I Seek For Truth." They sounded beautiful. ....................................................................................................................................
Here is the poem that Kaitlyn wrote and read and she made it all different colors.......
Colors of the World
Written By: Kaitlyn Hooley

Red for Roses,
Orange for oranges,
Yellow for the sun,
Green for the earth,
I’m so glad for Jesus’ birth.

Blue for the sky,
I’m so glad there’s you and I.

Purple for a violet,
At night we watch the day disappear,
As the sun goes down,
The sky is now starlit.

There are so many colors,
Throughout the world,
So just be thankful,
For God’s world.

That you were put here on earth,
And will be able to go back,
After death,
All because of Jesus’ birth!

No comments: