Friday, February 27, 2009

Kaitlyn taping herself singing in her room!

O.K. I know she is my daughter and as her mom I think she is the best 12 year old singer there is, but Kaitlyn is really good. Carrie Underwood isn't easy to sing either. I think she should be on American Idol. O.K., maybe not. But my daughter can sing and can sing better than most of those that I have been hearing on that show. But I love American Idol.

So for those of you who don't know, I took Kate out of school last week. Meaning she is never to return again. We start home schooling on Monday. Well she is doing much better since I took her out of school. I gave her some time off to heal herself spiritually and we are getting there. We will be using an LDS curriculum with some good religious studies in it. She needs some spiritual uplifting in her life. It was hard to see my daughter slipping and slipping away into the negativity she was getting at school everyday. After a while, we all slip into it when you are around it too much. She had been at that school since July but the last 2 weeks she was having a hard time with the bad language she heard all the time and I mean all the time. She was coming home asking me what things mean that she heard and didn't understand why a kid would be saying things like that. She sat next to a kid who rapped a song everyday that had the "F" word in it every other time. Then the song would get stuck in her head the rest of the day and it was making her sick that she was singing it to herself, in her head. She started having bad thoughts all the time and it was eating her up spiritually inside. I could go on and on but the dance that she went to the day before Valentine's day, did it for me. She came home and told me how the kids were dancing and I about died. So Monday was a holiday and I took her out of school Tuesday morning.

But anyways, so this song of Kaitlyn's is kind of what she has been doing on her time off. Using my camera and taping herself. She loves to sing and it makes her happy. It is hard seeing my daughter so unhappy. But seeing her love of music makes my day. I know Heavenly Father put music in her life for a reason. She is blessed with a voice and a love for music. I hope she will always know that music is healing and a simple song can change and uplift anyone, as long as we listen to music Heavenly Father would want us to listen to. And bad songs weaken the spirit.

1 comment:

Kat G. said...

Thank God she has a wonderful Mother to protect her fragile spirit. I am so happy for you!