Saturday, October 25, 2008

Kate Was In The Newspaper This Morning!!!




Last week in the newspaper I saw an article asking for parents to write in about what we as parents are doing to save money for costumes for our kids during these hard economic times.

The night before, Kate had gone to a church Halloween party and this is what she wore.

I was so excited that it didn't cost anything either. Kate and I had been thinking and thinking all week about what she could be and we dug into our left over Halloween costume tub and came across my mom's faux fur she wore for some high school dance or something. We thought that the fur would be great for her to wear. First we thought about her being a rock star but didn't know what else she could wear. Then I had the idea that she should just put a lot of mismatch clothes together and go as a "Fashion Disaster!" She went into her closet and created a master piece.

So this morning when I woke up and I looked in the newspaper there was Kaitlyn's article. I had emailed the lady last week but never heard back from her, so I didn't really think that she would use my story. But she did. Kate had no idea that I had emailed the newspaper. So you can say, she was pretty surprised to see herself in the paper. I thought she was so cute and she had such a fun time being a fashion disaster. It just brought out the fun side to her. Every year she is always a princess and has to have her hair and make up just perfect. So this was a big leap for her. I was proud of her!

Below is the article of Kate that I got off the internet. The newspaper article looked better but it was to big for me to copy it.

No comments: