Monday, July 28, 2008

1st Day of 7th grade for Kate & 1st Day of 3rd Grade for Dillon

Look how big they are getting. Just like I named my blog "You're Gonna Miss These Days", is exactly how I felt this morning dropping them off at school. Where does the time go? They were off for new adventures today. With Kate starting middle school and Dillon being at a school by himself without his sister. I can't believe that my oldest is in Middle School.

Kaitlyn was excited for school this morning. She is going to miss sleeping in though. She isn't a morning person. Last Thursday, Kate and I went to her school for a 7th grade orientaion. I am so glad that her school does this. It was great. It was just for 7th graders, so that meant that 8th graders weren't there to get in the way. We got a tour of the school, she got her picture taken for her I.D. card, found all her classses and met her teachers. I told my mom that I wished she went with me on my 1st day of 7th grade because it was scary being at a new school and trying to find all your classes by myself. It made Kaitlyn's 1st day of school so much easier, not worrying about where her classes are and trying to get to them in time. She was so excited not to have to wear school uniforms anymore. She liked wearing her named brand clothes to school. I can't believe that she is in Middle School. She found out that her school has school dances. She was so excited, but when she told her dad, he wasn't very happy about it. He told her she can't go. I think he is just not happy about her slow dancing with a boy. She told her dad that he can chaperon, but he still wasn't very happy about the idea. We will see what happens when the time comes. She didn't get any of her 7 classes with any of her friends. She wasn't very happy about that. But I think she will do fine. I told her to just look out for someone who looks nice and make friends with them. I know it isn't easy when you don't have your friends in your class.

Dillon was excited to get to school to see his friends and play soccer at recess. He loves soccer and is really good at it. Soccer starts in a couple of weeks. He is hoping to get couch Jaime again. Dillon looked so handsome even in his school uniform. He was excited that he got the teacher that he got. His teacher is his friends mom. She is a great teacher and she is so nice. Dillon will love having her and I hope he has a great year. His teacher was so excited to have Dillon in her class. She loves Dillon. Who doesn't? He is a great boy.

Well Lexie starts preschool on Monday! I am so not looking forward to that. She is my baby. It is going to be so weird not to have any kids here in the morning until I pick Lexie up. She will be going to school just 3 days a week and only in the mornings. I have been a stay at home mom for 12 years and to not have any kids home with me is going to be so weird. But I am looking forward to having some "Me Time". I am not sure what that is, but looking forward to finding out.

Well I hope Kaitlyn and Dillon have a good day. I will be thinking of them all day!! Lexie sure is happy to have her brother and sister at school today. She has been playing and watching her shows without having to watch what her brother and sister are watching. She is enjoying this.

No comments: