Thursday, January 22, 2009

WOW...Kaitlyn Is Eligibile To Participate In The Catalina Island Field Trip In 8th Grade


Kaitlyn was so excited when she came home from school today because she received a paper saying she gets to go to Catalina Island in the 8Th grade as a special award for those with high grade point averages. She has been working hard so she could qualify for this trip.
It is a week long vacation with others kids that are eligible too. The cost is around $700.00. Wow! But they do fundraisers and I will learn more at the parent information meeting next week. I really don't think that she is going to go, not just because of the money, but because if I was going than that is one thing, but she is going to be by herself. Sure some teachers are going and her friends are eligible to go too, but come on...........On an Island hundreds of miles away. I don't think so. Maybe if she was 18, but she will only be barely 13 when they go in August. She will be gone for a week. Going to girls camp is one thing, but this is totally different. They should do this for high school kids. But how fun would that be to go to Catalina. What an honor!!! I could always go with her as a chaperon but than that is another $700.00 for me. I would rather use that money and take all of us to Disneyland. She is just really honored that she qualified for this and we should just do a fun family vacation for her. We will see. Good job Kate. We are proud of you. Only 140 kids qualified for this and I think there are around 400 7Th graders. But only 85 get to go. I am sure many kids parents won't let them go.

No comments: